And so it begins: the IVS Technical Operations Workshop (TOW) 2023 registration is now open thru 3/15! The #TOW2023 *in-person* event is intended for the technical staff of IVS stations; the VGOS Workshop is for correlator staff. https://haystack.mit.edu/tow2023 Looking forward to it!
From the IVS CC email announcement (courtesy Dirk Behrend):
Dear Stations and Previous TOW Participants,
Please be informed that the TOW2023 event page is now available at: https://haystack.mit.edu/tow2023
and that registration has opened.
Let me outline a few of the characteristics of this TOW:
(1) TOW2023 will be a pure in-person event. We are going back to the standard hands-on training; that is, there will be no virtual option.
(2) Registration consists of three parts (see website). Please submit your online registration form by March 1. Registration payment needs to be done by March 15 and can only be made by credit card.
(3) Class sign-up opens on March 1 and closes on March 17.
(4) In addition to the TOW itself, we organize a dedicated VGOS correlation workshop. This 1.5-day workshop will be held directly following the TOW on May 4-5 at the same venue. The intended audience is the correlator staff of the correlators that will process VGOS data.
(5) An icebreaker event is planned for the evening of April 30. Details to come.
(6) Lodging: A block of rooms has been set aside at the Groton Inn for the nights of Saturday, April 29, through Friday, May 5, located in Groton, Massachusetts, approximately 3 miles from the Observatory.
We hope to see many of you in person at Haystack in May.